- a retailer pays a beverage container distributor five-cents for each beverage container that the distributor delivers;
- a consumer pays the retailer five-cents for each beer, soft drink, or water container that he or she purchases from the retailer;
- the retailer or a redemption center pays the consumer five-cents for each container the consumer returns;
- the distributor reimburses the retailer or redemption center five-cents for each beer, soft drink, and water container returned, plus a handling fee of one-and-a-half cents for each beer container and two-cents for each soft drink or water container; and
- the distributor pays the State of Connecticut the five-cents for each unclaimed deposit.
For more information, read the full report here.