OLR Report 2015-R-0158 provides highlights of new state laws affecting veterans and the military enacted during the 2015 regular legislative session.
Some of the policy areas covered in the report include:
• Certified Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) shortage hiring
• Connecticut Women Veterans’ Program
• Continuing education on veterans’ mental health conditions
• Judicial Branch data collection and reporting for diversionary programs
• Life insurance war-risk exclusion clause prohibition
• Military retirement income exemption
• Qualifications and duties of the Office of Military Affairs Executive Director
• Subsidized Training and Employment Program (STEP) For unemployed armed forces members
Read the full report for information about the laws passed in each of those areas and several others.